Recommendations for Hunters


USDA Permitting Process

Hunters can immediately begin bringing wild ruminant meat products intended for their personal use into the United States, along with one of the following: a valid Canadian export certificate for game meat, or a copy of a valid hunting license or a valid hunting tag.

Certain other previously banned ruminant meat products may be imported with a "United States Veterinary Permit for Importation and Transportation of Controlled Material." The application can be completed on line or can be downloaded, or can be obtained by calling (301) 734-3277.

Please visit the following link for the official USDA-APHIS summary and periodic updates: USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services.

Click these links for more information

Simple Precautions

Other Questions

Areas Where CWD Has Been Detected

USDA Guidelines for U.S. Hunters in Canada

CWD Videos

© Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance

Web site development by Pyron Technologies, Inc.